Expert railroad track dismantling, bridge demolition, and removal of change-out materials
Solve the problem of Change-Out Ties
- For over 25 years NSSC has worked with every major railroad in the United States. We regularly provide track dismantling services, bridge demolition and removal of railroad ties from railroad right-of-ways.
- National has the experience to ensure that your project is completed in the most cost effective manner whether you have abandoned track to sell us or scrap railroad ties that need cleaned up. Please call us to discuss your needs.
Safety and level of Difficulty
- NSSC offers the solution to your scrap tie problem. Unlike other companies, who are forced to market their ties through distributors, we sell landscape ties direct to lumber yards, landscapers, golf courses and ranchers throughout the nation.
- Ties that cannot be reused are sold as fuel. The railroad's liability ends when ties are disposed of through total destruction. Unlike landfilling which increases your expense, selling ties that cannot be reused but can be converted into fuel helps reduce the overall cost of tie disposal. To minimize transportation costs, National Salvage has established a network of co-generation facilities from Maine to California.
- Safety while working on track is critical to a project's overall success. Our insurance ratings, which are far better than industry averages, further demonstrate our commitment to safety. Ongoing training in occupational safety, equipment and environmental issues ensures our staff remains up-to-date with the most advanced technology.
- When dealing with difficult abandonments, you need a company that will evaluate the problems and determine the safest, most cost-effective solution. Because of our experience with removing abandoned track all over the United States, we have the knowledge to tackle the most difficult of terrain.